Saturday, November 3, 2007

GAIN AN HOUR

DON'T FORGET TO SET YOUR CLOCKS BACK TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or you can stay up until 2:00 a.m. and change your clocks then because it is really only 1:00.

As I stated in a previous post, we don't really gain an hour of time, our minds just think we do and our bodies feel a little more rested after sleeping an hour later; unless you stay up until 2:00/1:00.

The only good thing about the time change is the extra sleep for 1 day. It is colder, the days are shorter and we have less sunlight. I NEED LIGHT!!!!!!!! From this moment, I begin to look forward to December 21 when the daylight hours begin to increase. My favorite verse this time of year is:

I Thessalonians 5:5
Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

The Bible says we should cast off the works of darkness, bring to light the hidden works of darkness, have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness. Darkness is NOT a good thing. We serve a great big wonderful God who never leaves us without a promise.

II Corinthians 4:6
For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Thankfully, I don't have to wait until December 21 to let the light of God shine in my heart and through me.

No comments: