Wednesday, May 15, 2019

SPIRITUAL SURGERY


PRAYER JOURNAL 5/15/19

Hebrews 4:12 For the Word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

The Lord directed me to go on a fast this week and I welcomed it as a time set aside to receive and affirm what He would have me speak at this weekend’s Ladies’ Retreat.

BUT…

MOST TIMES THE “BUFFET” THAT SOUNDS GOOD IS NOT THE MEAL THAT GOD IS “DISHING UP.”

If you do not want God to set His “Mirror of Truth” in front of you, DO NOT go on an extended fast and DEFINITELY DO NOT pray or read His Word.  God’s “Mirror” is not one of those Fun-house Mirrors that will distort your features and even make you look tall and thin when you are really vertically and horizontally challenged.

After 3 days, I am recovering this morning from extensive “Spiritual Surgery” and believe me, it has not been pretty.  There has been some cutting and some digging and some uprooting.

I am so thankful for the “ANESTHESIA COCKTAIL” OF GRACE AND MERCY that made the ripping of the deep roots bearable.  Currently, I am resting after an IV OF HIS LOVE.

I am sure once my wounded pride stops hurting, I will feel the freedom a Heart Cleansing brings.

What are you seeking from God?  What do you really need?  It may require a little “Spiritual Surgery” before God can answer, but His sutures are nice and even and He promises a quick recovery.

No comments: