Monday, May 13, 2019

REBUILD THE NEST


PRAYER JOURNAL 5/10/2019

Psalms 51:12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me with Your generous Spirit.

A few years ago, after a storm, I noticed twigs and grass all over my porch; the remains of a bird’s nest. I swept them into the garbage without another thought. The next morning, once again, I saw a few twigs and grass on my porch, but there safely nestled between the house and the light was a carefully constructed nest.

Sometimes storms happen; they blow in unexpectedly, rage through our homes and our families leaving chaos and destruction. 

THEN…

We are left to pick up the debris and remains of our life, put it all back together in at least a semblance of order.

What if, despite the storms, despite being knocked down and scattered, even when the remains are swept up and dumped in the trash, we would try again?

What if this time, the nest was built stronger and withstood the storm just waiting to nurture and display our fruitfulness?

You will never know what storms you can withstand unless you rebuild the nest.

No comments: