Tuesday, May 21, 2019

IT'S NOT FAIR!


PRAYER JOURNAL 5/20/2019

Ephesians 2:4-5 But God, who is RICH IN MERCY, because of his great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ BY GRACE you have been saved.

If you were ever a kid or if you are a parent, you have heard or said these words, “LIFE ISN’T FAIR!” You are right, IT ISN’T!

There is reward for hard work and not everyone is willing to put in the required effort the reward demands…THAT’S FAIR!

There are consequences to good choices and not everyone makes the right choice…THAT’S FAIR!

There is great blessing in committing your life to God and following after the Spirit and not everyone is willing to surrender their will…THAT’S FAIR!

But what about the times when you are the most qualified but someone else gets the promotion? You've prayed but didn't receive the healing. You’ve followed after the Spirit but the outcome was not what you had envisioned; you’ve made good choices, been a good steward of your finances but everyone else has the new car; bigger home and more toys. Sometimes it seems everyone else gets the bigger piece of pie and it was your favorite…THAT’S NOT FAIR!

Recently, I heard this quote on a program, “Life isn’t fair and that is a good thing.” WHAT???? I began to ponder this statement and revelation began to flood my brain….WHAT IF I RECEIVED ONLY WHAT WAS FAIR; WHAT I DESERVED???

I have to admit, I haven’t always made the right choices but GOD IS RICH IN MERCY!!! One time I got the job and didn’t have the top qualifications or most experience; it was not what I deserved; IT WASN'T FAIR! I’ve messed up, I’ve failed, I didn’t follow the Spirit…but because of GOD’S GRACE, life wasn’t fair and I didn’t get what I deserved.

LIFE ISN’T FAIR, WHICH IS A GOOD THING; IT MEANS MY SUCCESS IS NOT DEPENDENT ON YOUR ACTIONS.

Thank God today that life isn’t fair…If it was; you and I wouldn’t have a chance at eternal life.

MY SUCCESS IS DEPENDENT ON MY OBEDIENCE AND FAITH IN GOD’S ACTIONS.

No comments: