Tuesday, August 6, 2019

I WANT TO BE AN ENOCH


PRAYER JOURNAL 8/4/19

1 Corinthians 15:51-52 Behold I tell you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed; in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet WILL sound and the dead in Christ will be raised incorruptible and we shall be changed.

In our Camp Unity Legacy Class, this past week, we talked about the Coming of the Lord.  I will be the first to admit that I don’t understand everything about End Time Prophecy and I would never have the audacity to try to pinpoint the date, but nevertheless…I BELIEVE IT AND I AM LOOKING UP WITH ANTICIPATION.

A year ago I had a dream that has stirred my heart. I have had only 3 or 4 truly prophetic dreams in my life and I believe this was one.

There was a bonfire and I stood behind a barrier watching as gold, silver and brass figures were thrown into the fire and slowly melted away.

Then the scene changed and there was a fast moving stream of water. In this I stood closer as various articles of wood were swallowed up in the raging flood.

Suddenly, I was standing at a window looking up and a voice declared, “Prepare, I am coming.” Joy filled my heart as I came to the realization; Jesus was going to appear any moment. I raised my hands toward Heaven and I began to speak His Name…Jesus, Jesus, Jesus and I slowly woke up.

I don’t know that I have the full meaning of the dream, but the gold, silver and brass figures seem to represent the systems of this world that God was destroying. The articles of wood were the things that I have held onto so tightly that I need to be cleansed of to prepare for His return. Oh the joy of empty hands and a clean heart raised toward Heaven….Jesus is coming.

What are the systems in which you have placed your hope?  Religion? Government? Economic Security?  Look at your hands, what are you clutching tightly in them... afraid of letting go and giving all to follow after God? 

God is shaking the Systems of this World.  The things we hold so dearly; our accomplishments; the source of our pride and identity are merely wood that will be swept away.  Place your hope; build your identity on the ROCK, CHRIST JESUS.   You will not only be able to stand, but one day you will find that even gravity will have no hold on you; you shall be changed.

The Early Church felt an urgency; so much that they looked for the return of Jesus in their lifetime; so much that they greeted one another with “Maranatha” (our Lord is coming).

Have we lost the urgency? Has the Promise of His Coming become just a nice Bible Story or Prophetic Study? Do we go to bed each night with expectation and rise each morning with anticipation?

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God.  And the dead in Christ will rise first.  Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

I am LOOKING UP.   I am LOOKING FOR JESUS TO RETURN.  I want to be one of the ALIVE AND REMAIN that meets the DEAD IN CHRIST in the air.  I want to be an Enoch...She walked and then she walked not because God took her.

It is our Blessed Hope…we shall not all sleep, but we shall be changed…Jesus is coming.

No comments: