Sunday, August 11, 2019

ANY GOOD THING


PRAYER JOURNAL 8/8/2019

Psalm 84:11 For the Lord is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will he withhold from those who walk uprightly.

It has been one year since God miraculously and instantly healed my back.  Yes, as I approach my 62nd birthday, I sometimes suffer the aches of overdoing and I may have to stretch a little more when I first stand up but the debilitating, sleep-disturbing pain is gone. 

For you who have not heard my testimony, I had pain on the left side of my lower back for over 5 years.  Doctors would listen and pretty much dismiss whatever I told them, yet I knew the pain was there and growing steadily worse.  Finally, a doctor sent me to therapy in June of last year.  The therapists told me there was nothing wrong with my back, the muscles were just tight; but after hot therapy, cold therapy, electrode therapy, stretching therapy, the pain was still always present and growing worse.

Finally, in prayer, I listened to God.  You see approximately three years earlier God had directly spoken to me regarding my health; that if I would obey Him; that if I would COOPERATE WITH HIM, He would restore my health…I did and He did.  I no longer had to take medication of any kind.  God healed my high blood pressure, severe acid reflux and pre-diabetic condition.

THEN…

I became lax; I had this; I could do this….fast forward 3 years and I couldn’t even stand for more than 10 minutes to worship.  But God is merciful and He is the God of 2nd, 3rd, 4th, however many chances it takes, so in July of last year, God reminded me that I knew what to do; He had given me explicit instructions 3 years before, so why was I not being obedient.  I repented and started following God’s instructions. 

I REALLY BELIEVE THAT IF I HAD NOT BEEN OBEDIENT TO THE VOICE OF GOD 1 MONTH EARLIER, I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN INSTANTLY HEALED AT CAMP.

What do you need?  What are you asking of God?  Is it your health, finances, family situation, ministry, a job or coworkers? Are you being obedient?  FIRST, read His Word; are you following His written Word?  SECONDLY, pray…what is He whispering to your heart; are you doing it or are you just whining and crying over your situation?

God may ask you to do something that He doesn’t ask anybody else to do.  Your answer may consist of “mud in your eye” but whatever He says, if you want His intervention, DO IT!

FAILURE TO BE OBEDIENT TO THE VOICE OF GOD IS SIN AND GOD WILL NOT BLESS SIN.

The Psalmists states that God will not withhold ANY GOOD THING from those who WALK UPRIGHTLY.  Check your spiritual gait; check your spiritual posture; are you walking straight or are you bent over; loaded down with secret, hidden sins of disobedience?

GOD WILL NOT BLESS SIN BUT HE WILL FORGIVE THEM…IF WE CONFESS.

The next step is OBEDIENCE so you can begin to WALK UPRIGHTLY and then you can claim the Promise of God for yourself…

HE WILL NOT WITHHOLD ANY GOOD THING!

No comments: