Sunday, August 11, 2019

I AM A CHILD OF GOD


PRAYER JOURNAL 8/9/2019

1 John 3:1 Beloved what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called Children of God…

I woke with these verses from 1 John running through my head; surrounded in the early morning hours by His Presence; bathed in His Perfect Love.

1 John 3:1 tells me that He is so far above all that I can imagine or hope to be, yet our amazing Creator, because of His GREAT LOVE, grants us the privilege to be called, “Children of God.”
Let your mind flow freely for just a moment and just imagine…

One of the richest Men or Women choosing to adopt you; granting you the honor of becoming heir to all that they have; their love, their kindness, their riches, their power, their name.  And forevermore you will be known as the Child of….  Who would turn that down?

We have been given the supreme opportunity to be called a “CHILD OF GOD!”  An HEIR with all the benefits; access to His “Riches in Glory,” Partakers of His Promise and an Eternal Future…Who would turn that down?

Yet too many times, we turn away; “thumb our noses at the offer” and choose the corruptible, temporarily satisfying “easy” things; with the assumption that God will just leave an open-ended contract.  Some day…when I have nothing else better going on…when I’m done having “fun”…when I’m hanging on to a “frayed rope”…when I’m older…just before I have to fact that eternal life of which you speak….Then Maybe!   Perhaps; I probably will; I intend to sign the “contract” then; because although, everything else sounds really good, I really just want to make sure I get to partake of the “Eternal Life Clause.”

Revelation 20:15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the Lake of Fire.

Oh you will partake of an “ETERNITY CLAUSE,” but you had better read all the fine print and know which contract you are signing.  God’s offer comes with all the Benefits and also all the RESPONSIBILITIES associated with being His Child and bearing His Name.  There are no amendments. You can’t “X” out the parts you find unacceptable and be His Heir.  This contract; this opportunity was purchased with His Own Blood; you have to be all in or get nothing.

1 John 3:2 Beloved now we are Children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

Oh to “Be Like Jesus.”  But does my mind even come close to understanding what that means; who He is?  Who we shall be?

“Oh I want to see Him.  Look upon His Face.  There to sing forever of His Saving Grace.”
I’m His Child; His Daughter.  I am a Partaker of all of His Benefits.  I am an Heir to Everlasting Life.  He has a ticket reserved, imprinted with MY NAME and DESTINATION.  I have a promise because I signed the Contract long ago….

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, and the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God; and the Dead in Christ shall rise first; then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

DEAD OR ALIVE, I’M GOING…MAKES ME WANT TO DANCE AND REJOICE…I’M A CHILD OF GOD!

No comments: