Sunday, January 20, 2008

STILL ON TRACK - WEEK 3


I MADE IT!!!! 3 weeks of eating healthy and exercising. Usually by this time, something has come up to break my resolve. Making sure that Steve is eating healthy and exercising along with me is helping tremendously. We’ve started putting the allotted portions on our plate with only salad and green beans served free style. So far neither one of us has overdosed on vegetables. Meals are really much more enjoyable when you are hungry and it’s great to not feel totally stuffed.

My recipes for the week are some of my favorite healthy snacks.
Vegetables and Dip
Dip Recipe (Provides low-fat, low calorie protein)
16 oz carton Cottage cheese, low fat or non-fat
½ envelope of dry non-fat Ranch Dressing Mix

Spoon ingredients into food processor, process until smooth.
Serve with assorted raw vegetables.

Celery with non-fat cream cheese

Yogurt-Gelatin Dessert

1 pkg of your favorite flavor sugar-free Jello
1 6 -8 oz carton of complimentary flavor of nonfat, diet yogurt (no more than 100 cal)

Mix Jello according to package directions. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour. Gelatin will still be runny. Wisk in yogurt until smooth. Chill at least 1 hour longer or until Gelatin is completely set. Serve with a tblsp. of Cool Whip. ( Entire recipe without cool whip equals 100-140 calories depending on yogurt used. I usually divide it into about 3 servings)

100 calorie mini bags of microwave popcorn (You get the whole bag by yourself)

25 calorie Swiss Miss Diet Hot Chocolate (a wonderful mid-afternoon treat, once Caleb is asleep or something to warm you up before bedtime)

I mix one envelope into the biggest mug of steaming water I can find, then add a dollop of cool whip for extra richness and creaminess.

I now begin my 4th week. I’ll have a new report next week.

No comments: