Sunday, January 13, 2008

NEW LIFE STYLE-WEEK 2


I have to confess I haven’t been perfect on writing the date. Yes, last week I wrote 2007 on the check and sealed the envelope. I’m sure the electric company will still get their money. The new eating and exercise plan are going surprisingly well. It is amazing what can happen when you get the right mindset. When I really get in the groove, I can never understand what has been so hard about eating healthy and exercising regularly. Today we went to the Olive Garden. While it isn’t the best place for the health-conscious, I ordered what I wanted, left off the breadsticks, complimentary chocolate mint, and took half the meal home. SUCCESS!!!

Another first for me, changing my relationship with the scale. After analyzing all my reasons for changing my life style, I realized that only one had anything to do with the scale. Therefore, I have decided not to weigh in before starting my new plan. I will weigh on the last day of every month and put the scale back in its place until the next month has passed. Have I lost weight? I hope so. My clothes fit better, I don’t feel overloaded constantly, I am actually hungry at meal times, I am able to add minutes every couple of days to my exercise routine and best of all daily doses of antacids have went to few and far between.

Here is a recipe that I found very tasty this week.

GROUND BEEF VEGETABLE STROGANOFF

1 lb. extra lean ground beef (90/10 or 94/6)
1 can Campbell’s condensed vegetable soup
1 can Campbell’s condensed 98% FF cream of mushroom soup
½ cup FF beef broth

Brown ground beef, drain. Stir in vegetable soup, cream of mushroom soup and beef broth.
Simmer 5 minutes.

Serving size: ½ cup beef over ½ cup brown rice
Add a large garden salad w/ff dressing, your choice of steamed vegetables and you’ve got a meal.

New update next week

No comments: