Tuesday, January 8, 2008

LEAD ME TO THE ROCK


Today I am overwhelmed with life. I’m tired! I’m tired of living in mediocrity. I’m tired of clean clothes and nutritious meals being the highlight of my day. I’m tired of always smiling, always being the encourager, always caring if other people have what they need, are comfortable, sacrificing my needs and wishes for everyone else. I want to know if anyone even cares or notices the things I do for them.

I’m tired of wanting to accomplish something for God and never seeing any results. I’m tired of not knowing if there will be 5 people at church or 10. I’m tired of people who “can’t” make a commitment. I’m tired of lying awake at night with tears running down my face because there is a whole world that doesn’t know You and I don’t know how to reach them. I want to know if the few words to the man at the grocery store made a difference. I need to hear that going every Monday to the Rescue Mission helped to change a life. I want to know if anything we tried to do for You has affected anyone positively.

I’m tired of struggling with all my faults and failures. I want to have a victory that lasts more than a day. God, I need to see an open door, have a dream fulfilled, or a prayer answered. I know your Word says not to be weary in well doing and we will reap if we faint not. I haven’t fainted yet but I feel like I’m gasping for air.

As David said in Psalms 61,
Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
Today I’m clinging to the Rock whose ways and thoughts are so much higher than mine.

Isaiah 55:8
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts
.

As I am writing I hear the music streaming from the CD player, “Yes, Jesus Loves me, Yes Jesus Loves me, Yes Jesus Loves me, The Bible tells me so. God is so faithful. Even in the midst of a pity party He lets me know He still loves me.

No comments: