Friday, February 8, 2019

ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE


PRAYER JOURNAL 2/5/19

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

I am the oldest child in a family of six children. My dad was a hard worker and provided all the necessities of life and as many extras as possible for his family. I enjoyed a wonderful childhood and never felt poor or underprivileged. I always felt loved and had built-in playmates; something was always happening at our house. Many of my friends, however, enjoyed some of the luxuries that I was well aware were not available to “PEOPLE LIKE US.”

My best friend in high school would spend weekends at her cottage in Baraboo, WI and she had a beautiful brick fireplace in her living room. We lived in a 3 bedroom, 1 bath ranch, 4 bedrooms, counting the one dad fixed up in the basement.

If I ever attained the status of my friend, I thought I would have made it because “PEOPLE LIKE US” lived in 1200 sq. ft. ranch homes with 1 bathroom and gravel driveways.

Many times, I have needed God to reassure me that, because of His grace, I AM “ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE.” God wants ME to succeed!

YOU are one of GOD’S PEOPLE and He will go to any length necessary for you to be successful in your journey with Him. When He filled you with the Holy Spirit, He endowed you with the necessary power to walk into a life of liberty. If you will follow the path God has laid for you, you can live a wonderful, fulfilled life today and be assured of eternal life tomorrow.

GOD WANTS YOU TO SUCCEED!  YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE!

No comments: