Tuesday, February 5, 2019

IT'S A NEW MORNING


PRAYER JOURNAL 1/30/19

A BEAUTIFUL MORNING; A NEW DAY, FULL OF PROMISE AND HOPE…WHAT A GIFT FROM GOD!

Psalm 5:3 My voice you shall hear in the MORNING, O Lord; in the MORNING, I will direct it to you and I will look up.

As I wake to a beautiful sunrise over the Gulf of Mexico on Galveston Beach, the awesome promises of God speak to my heart.

Psalm143:8 Cause me to hear your loving kindness in the MORNING, for in You do I trust; cause me to know the way in which I should walk, for I lift up my soul to You.

I have a promise of HIS GUIDANCE.  Every morning I have the promise that He will lead me in down the right path, if I ask, listen and follow.

Psalm 30:5 For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the MORNING.

I have a promise of HIS FORGIVENESS.  No matter what I’ve done; no matter where I’ve been, His arms of forgiveness are open.  And though mu actions may cause Him momentary anger, my broken and contrite spirit will bring me FAVOR FOR LIFE and JOY WITH A NEW DAWN.

Psalm 59:16 But I will sing of Your power; yes I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the MORNING; for you have been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble.

I have a promise of HIS DEFENSE AND SAFETY.  Satan isn’t big enough to break through the “wall” of the fortress that surrounds me.  It doesn’t matter who comes against me or what fiery darts Satan may launch, God is my DEFENSE; God is my REFUGE…listen to my song.

Psalms 139:9-10 If I take the wings of the Morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your Hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.

I have a promise of HIS PROTECTION.  God knows my name; He knows right where I am.  At all times; every minute of every day, His GPS is tracking my every step.  If I “fly high,” He is my wings.  If I sink to a dark place, His arms are holding me. He is even closer than the “mention of His Name;” when I call out, “JESUS,” He is already there!

Lamentations 3:22-23 Through the Lord’s mercies, we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every MORNING; great is Your faithfulness.

I have a promise of HIS MERCY AND HIS FAITHFULNESS.  Oh how He Loves You and Me; I cannot comprehend the depth of His love the span of His mercy; but I tap into it numerous times every day.  And I wake to a replenished supply every morning.  He has never failed to guide, forgive, defend, protect and show me mercy…GREAT IS HIS FAITHFULNESS.

So I begin a month of rest and refreshing in the middle of God’s beautiful creation; the awesome sunrises and sunsets; the power of the crashing waves; the birds in flight and the warm ocean breezes, my prayer is….

Psalm 92:2 To declare Your loving kindness in the MORNING and Your faithfulness every night.

No comments: