Tuesday, January 8, 2019

WITHOUT CONDITIONS


PRAYER JOURNAL 1/8/2018


Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Like many congregations across the country, we are joining together in 21 days of prayer and fasting, seeking the Will of God at the beginning of this New Year.  Is it any wonder that many of us feel under attack?

Just in our small congregation, we have a person receiving an undesired medical diagnosis; another suddenly lost a job, and many experiencing health issues and sickness. Even, I, who hardly ever gets sick, had to go to bed early last night.  Yesterday, we had an ice storm and because of the unpredictable condition of roads, will not be able to go to Ladies’ Prayer, this morning and I need to be there so much, especially right now.

WHAT’S GOING ON….

Everything I mentioned could be chalked up to “life;” just being human; bad things happen to good people and that would probably be right.  I do not believe every negative thing that occurs in our life is an attack from Satan…actually most, if not all are not…they are “just life” or they are a result of our own prior choices.  BUT…

SATAN WILL USE EVERY NEGATIVE OCCURRENCE IN OUR LIFE AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO ATTACK, SO BE PREPARED!

Yes, we have a choice; it is called a RESPONSE!   Bad things WILL happen…what will be your response?  Satan WILL attack…what will be your response? 

YOUR RESPONSE TO THE NEGATIVE EVENT AND CORRESPONDING ATTACK OF SATAN WILL DETERMINE YOUR PATH ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORM!

So Satan attacks.  He sends his minions to torment us; whispers doubt and confusion in our ear; shows us an ugly picture of despair and fogs up our vision.  Well Satan, you have really BAD TIMING…you should have attacked last year or waited until later…

YOU’VE ALREADY LOST THE BATTLE BECAUSE WE ARE IN A PERIOD OF 21 DAYS OF PRAYER AND FASTING….HA! 

I choose to PRAISE….I choose to TRUST…I choose to BELIEVE…I choose to EXPECT…I choose to KEEP MOVING FORWARD…I choose to SMILE…I choose to HAVE HOPE
I CAN CHOOSE BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!

I am CALLED; God has a PURPOSE; and He is working ALL THINGS out for my good.
Give it your best shot Satan and notice how your fiery darts fall short and lie broken because…

I CHOOSE TO TRUST GOD DESPITE AND WITHOUT CONDITIONS!

No comments: