Monday, January 7, 2019

PREPARE FOR YOUR PROMISE

PRAYER JOURNAL 1/3/2019

Habakkuk 2:2-3 Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it.  For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak and it will not lie.  Though it tarries wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

ON JANUARY 3, 2018, I WROTE THE FOLLOWING POST….

In October, 2017, a woman who I had never met, until that day, came up to me after Ladies’ Prayer and said that she felt God had shown her some things and asked if she could share a Word from the Lord specifically to me. She did not know me, where I came from, my heart’s desire, my relationship with God or anything I had walked through.

She spoke what God had laid on her heart with the admonition, “You must be careful to make sure that God receives all the glory.”

I began to seek God and pray, focusing on the Word God had spoken through her. And I felt another admonition from God; “Be patient; don’t get ahead of me.

Oh how my Heavenly Father knows me…He knows my impatience; He knows how I like to figure everything out; He knows my need for “neat little packages:” He knows my comfort zone and the parameters of my little box…But also, He is so ready to dispense all the grace I need in the waiting.
Many things have occurred since October, 2017; most I could not have even imagined…God seems to work that way. He has given me fresh eyes as I study and clarity as I pray; all things must point to Him and His Glory.

This morning, I read a quote “When a faith stretching word is spoken, it’s important to refrain from helping God make it happen.” (Terry Law, The Power of Praise and Worship)

The waiting is difficult but it is in the waiting that the seed which has been planted begins to mature. There can be NO harvest without the waiting.

If you have received a promise from God and it doesn’t seem to “be happening,” ask God to give you grace to wait and refrain from helping God make it happen as you continue to seek Him and most importantly…HE MUST RECEIVE THE GLORY!

FAST FORWARD TO JANUARY 3, 2019...

I have had many “words” spoken to me over the years.  Some have been encouraging, others have been warnings and still other words have “fed my flesh” and I desperately wanted them to be true.  I have learned to thank the person, take it and leave it with God and keep my focus on His will.  Some of the “words” have come to pass, but most have never come to fruition.

SO…it was in October 2017, I began to pray and wait and wait and wait.  THEN… in November 2018, God fulfilled what was spoken to me in the most unexpected, never imagined, “I ain’t ever gonna go there,” way…Yes, He had to send me to Mexico to fulfill the Word that was spoken to me, because HE IS FAITHFUL TO PERFORM WHAT HE HAS STARTED!

God has a great plan for you and if you have received a “word” or a promise, keep believing that it will happen.

BUT…

God may be asking you to prepare for the promise…SO PREPARE!  Pray, listen and obey…If it means more study; then STUDY!  If it means more prayer; then PRAY!  If it means volunteering to get the necessary skills; then VOLUNTEER!  If it means practicing and perfecting the gift that God has placed in you; then PRACTICE!

DON’T JUST SIT AND WAIT….

Get ready; prepare and ACCEPT THE UNEXPECTED when God opens the “ain’t never gonna do that door,” walk through it with your hands lifted high in praise.

GOD WILL FULFILL HIS PROMISE; IT’S UP TO YOU TO STEP INTO IT!

No comments: