Friday, January 11, 2019

RETURN TO ME


PRAYER JOURNAL 1/11/19

Mark 11:15-17 So they came to Jerusalem. Then Jesus went into the temple and began to drive out those who bought and sold in the temple and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. And He would not allow anyone to carry wares through the temple.  Then He taught, saying to them, “Is it not written, My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations? But you have made it a den of thieves.”

I woke early this morning with a heavy heart and a heavy spirit.  God wants to be present in our lives and in our churches; He desires to move on our behalf but first we have to bring our hearts and minds into proper focus so that our actions reflect our words.

God says, “You have asked Me for the “heavy” things but you approach My altar with a frivolous sacrifice. You come before the altar to burn the Incense of Praise but you have bypassed the Altar of Sacrifice; the Altar of Repentance. Your words say, “we have come together in Your Name” but your gatherings have become a “frivolous marketplace;” and everyone leaves empty.  If you will return to the sacredness of My Sanctuary, regain a reverence for My word; and offer an unblemished sacrifice on My altar, you will see wondrous and mighty things in your midst.  I am the Lord your God but I will not tolerate the profane mixed with My Holiness.”

Zechariah 1:3 Therefore, say to them, “Thus says the Lord of Hosts: “Return to Me,” says the Lord of Hosts, “and I will return to you,” says the Lord of Hosts.

No comments: