Tuesday, April 30, 2019

OBEY THE IF


PRAYER JOURNAL 4/30/19

2 Chronicles 7:14 If My people who are called by My Name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

This is a much quoted verse and one of my favorites, so it was not surprising that God spoke this verse to my spirit as I prayed earnestly for situations.  And then He began to break it down…

THE ANSWER WILL CHANGE A SITUATION ONLY WHEN APPLIED CORRECTLY AND IN ITS ENTIRETY.

IF MY PEOPLE WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME…Many people wear the label “Christian” much the same way they wear the label Nike or carry a Gucci purse or drive a BMW; it impresses your friends, makes you feel better but in the end it doesn’t make you more important; it just puts you deeper in debt.  You apply My Name in some areas but not in all you say or do.  You use My Name when it is convenient and even sometimes in inconvenient moments.  You are NOT CALLED BY MY NAME; I am just a tool to be used when nothing else will work or a label to be displayed in socially correct situations.

WILL HUMBLE THEMSELVES AND PRAY AND SEEK MY FACE…You say your prayers…sometimes a quick prayer before meals, at other times, you remember to say a few words as you drive to work; you bow your head with the congregation every Sunday and at times even kneel before me for a moment.

 BUT… there is no humbleness; no seeking My Face.  You approach Me in arrogance, expecting Me to be honored that you have stopped by and knocked on My door just to say hello.  You bring Me your plan with full instructions looking for affirmation.  You don’t really want to know My Will or My thoughts because they may disrupt your plans; they may ask the difficult things.

AND TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS…Ahh, here is the crux of the matter; you love your sins; you are comfortable with your sins.  The preaching of the Gospel has become more palatable; more relevant and you have embraced the easiness. 

If you want to “RECEIVE ME,” you don’t have to even come to the front; just repeat a prayer with the congregation and you are good.  There is no Godly Sorrow; no Repentance; no turning from your Wicked Ways…that is no longer necessary.  No need to go further; no need to seek for My Spirit…after all that is an automatic bonus when you “receive” Jesus. 

And you wonder why you are weak; why there is no power; why you can’t overcome; why you cannot hear from Heaven; why things remain the same. 

THE END RESULT DEPENDS ON YOUR OBEDIENCE TO THE “IF.”

Read it again, slowly with understanding before you find a place of repentance…then I will hear; then I will forgive; then I will heal.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If My people who are called by My Name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

No comments: