Monday, April 29, 2019

THE POWER OF SURRENDER

PRAYER JOURNAL 4/26/19

Isaiah 55:8-9 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. “For as the Heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.”

I had struggled for days, weeks, months, years.  I wanted release; I wanted victory but I just couldn’t come up with perfect solution that would miraculously solve my dilemma.

PRAY?  I prayed.  READ THE WORD? I read.  SING PRAISES? I sang.  GO TO CHURCH?  I went.  LIVE RIGHT? I did my best….and victory remained an elusive reward.

BUT…

This week something changed.  On my knees, I prayed; I read the Word; I sang in worship and with a tired, weak voice said, “LORD, I CAN’T!  I SURRENDER!”  Immediately, something changed.  I felt a warm sensation begin to cover me beginning at the top of my head.  Then I actual felt the tingle of an energetic strength flow through my arm and leg muscles.  I fell on my face and began to weep…VICTORY IN PROCESS!

SURRENDER…

According to Merriam Webster, SURRENDER implies giving up after a struggle to retain or resist.

The Cambridge English Dictionary states it this way, “Stop fighting; admit defeat. Stop trying to prevent or control.”

GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS…guilty of struggling to retain; guilty of resisting; guilty of trying to control.

On my face, weeping in awe and thankfulness, God spoke these words to my heart..

“Susan this is THE POWER OF SURRENDER.  Trading your finite for MY infinite… Exchanging your lack for My abundance. I have been patiently waiting.”

Have you done everything within your power?  Surrender the problem to His power.

Have you done everything you know and can think of?  Surrender to His knowledge and His thoughts.

Have you fought until you are exhausted?  Admit defeat and Surrender.

Have you come to the “End of your rope?”  Let go; Surrender.

If you want an answer; if you want the solution; if you are tired of the struggle…YOU MIGHT AS WELL SURRENDER; GOD DOESN’T NEGOTIATE.

He has been patiently waiting for you to surrender.  He has the answer and all the power to change your situation.  He has better plans; greater things for you to accomplish with one requirement…SURRENDER!

THE POWER OF SURRENDER…TRADING YOUR FINITE FOR HIS INFINTE…EXCHANGING YOUR LACK FOR HIS ABUNDANCE!

No comments: