Monday, April 29, 2019

I JUST WANT YOU


PRAYER JOURNAL 4/29/19

Psalms 63:1-3 Oh God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You in a dry and thirsty land, where there is no water. So I have looked for you in the sanctuary to see Your Power and Glory.  Because Your Loving kindness is better than life.

God had promised King David that there would always be one of his see sitting on the throne, so when David died, his son, Solomon ascended to the throne.  God desired to bless Israel through his leadership just as He had during the reign of David, so he appeared in a dream and said…

2 Chronicles 1:7 On that night God appeared to Solomon and said to him, “Ask! What shall I give you.”

THINK ABOUT IT!  You are not only King with all the rights and authority that comes with that position but the Great God of Heaven; Creator of the Universe is ready to grant your heart’s desire; what wish would you ask to be granted?

We could get real spiritual and say things like, “heal everyone in the hospital,” or “save the whole world” or “stop all pain and suffering.”  OR …We might be a little selfish and ask for a Million Dollars and a big house.  If you are single you might ask for a spouse or if you are childless your heart’s desire could be to conceive children. 

There would be so many thoughts that would run through my mind…but most of all I would want to ask for the perfect thing because there is only ONE OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME!
We applaud Solomon for his “humble” request1 Chronicles 1:10 Now give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people; for who can judge this great people of Yours?”

And God granted Solomon’s request…

1 Chronicles 1:12 Wisdom and knowledge are granted to you; and I will give you riches, wealth and honor, such as none of the kings have had who were before you, nor shall any after you have the like.

And then we read of Solomon’s great decline.  One would think that with Great Wisdom, would come a little common sense and with Great Knowledge would come a little “know-how,” but in all of Solomon’s wisdom and knowledge, he forgot the most important piece of Wisdom…. recognizing that his wisdom, knowledge, riches, wealth and honor were not his to possess but he was merely a vessel for God to work through and accomplish great things.  The wisdom and knowledge became a curse; the amassing of wealth led him to make treaties with heathen kings by marrying their daughters and ultimately tolerating their false Gods; his desires remained unfulfilled by the gold, silver, horses, lands, buildings and other pleasures until finally Solomon declares…

Ecclesiastes 1:14 I have seen all the works that are done under the sun and behold all is vanity and vexation of the spirit.

AND I WONDER…

How different would life have turned out for Solomon if he could have consulted with His father, David…What would David had requested from God?

FAVOR AND PROTECTIONPsalms 17:8 Keep me as the Apple of Your Eye; hide me under the shadow of Your Wings.

MERCY AND SALVATION…Psalms 25:7 Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions; according to Your mercy remember me, for Your goodness’ sake, Oh Lord.

REVELATION OF THE WORD OF GOD…Psalms 119:18 Open my eyes that I may see wondrous things from Your Law.
Psalms 119:34 Give me understanding and I shall keep Your Law; indeed I shall observe it with my whole heart.
Psalms 119:72 The Law of Your mouth is better to me than thousands of coins of gold and silver.

GOD’S PRESENCEPsalms 51:11 Do not cast me away from Your Presence and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

Psalms 84:10 For a day in Your Courts is better than a thousand.  I would rather be a doorkeeper in the House of My God, than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

AND NOW I CONSIDER THE QUESTION ONCE AGAIN… “Ask! What shall I give you?”

And my answer is, “Lord, I just want you…Your Mercy; Your Forgiveness; Revelation of Your Word; Your Presence; Your Spirit….I JUST WANT YOU!”

No comments: