Saturday, October 13, 2018

FAITHFUL SERVANT


PRAYER JOURNAL 10/13/2018

Matthew 25:21 His lord said unto him, “Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things.  Enter into the joy of your lord.”

There are those times in prayer that the things God wants to speak into my heart burst forth from my lips.  As I fervently sought God for some answers, I uttered this passionate cry, “I just want to be a FAITHFUL SERVANT!”  That really was not my prayer or in my thoughts at the time, I believe it was a reminder from God that He has all answers, all the things that I need, and a way already planned out; my responsibility to Him is to just be a FAITHFUL SERVANT.

The house of the King or President or other Leader may have many “servants” to keep things running smoothly.  They may range from a Body Guard to a Gardener.  Everyone may be a necessary component to keeping a semblance of order but only a TRUSTED and FAITHFUL person has the privilege of constant close proximity to the Ruler.  You see, no one may notice if the hedge isn’t pruned perfectly or a little area, way at the back of the lawn is a little weedy but the King WILL TAKE NOTE, if his Body Guard is snoring in the corner and he will be swiftly replaced.

The President may share “state secrets” with his Chief of Staff, whom has been given the highest security clearance, but although the Housekeeper, making the bed may know what time the President awoke, she does not know the search for a solution to the crisis that caused him to rise before dawn. 

NO…ONLY THOSE CLOSEST TO THE LEADER REALLY KNOW HIS THOUGHTS, KNOW HIS HEART, PLAY A PART IN THE PLAN…REALLY KNOW HIM!

Philippians 3:10 that I may know Him and the Power of His Resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,

“OH THAT I MAY KNOW HIM!”  THE CRY OF A FAITHFUL SERVANT.

Oh that I may become close enough to my Lord; that I may really know Him. That I can not only experience the Power of His Resurrection but understand His Sufferings; share the Passion, understand the brokenness of His Heart as He weeps over lost souls.  Attaining FAITHFUL SERVANT STATUS will only occur when I LAY ASIDE MY WILL AND PICK HIS WILL through conforming to His death…to His purpose.

MY PRAYER TODAY IS THAT I BECOME SUCH A FAITHFUL SERVANT THAT WHEN PEOPLE LOOK AT ME, THEY SEE CHRIST IN ME AND HE BECOMES THERE HOPE ALSO.



No comments: