Saturday, October 6, 2018

DON'T HANG UP ON GOD


PRAYER JOURNAL 10/4/2018

1 Samuel 3:10-11 Now the Lord came and stood and called as at other times, “Samuel! Samuel.” And Samuel answered, “Speak for your servant hears.”

Have you ever felt as if someone or everyone was just ignoring you?  You try to give your opinion or tell of an incident or even ask a question and you can just tell that the other party is not only disinterested, they are not even listening.  Or you are constantly cut off because the other person has something much more “important” to tell about themselves.  I have had people just walk away while I was in midsentence…not a confidence builder.  I know that I am not a sparkling conversationalist or was about to make some earth shattering pronouncement but what about the concept of politeness.

I WONDER IF GOD FEELS MUCH THE SAME WAY AT TIMES…

We approach our morning devotions with a prepared list of needs and wants.  Oh, I give lip service to Praise and Thanksgiving but then it is straight to the “ask” part.  And I always end the “asking” in Jesus Name before I say Amen and go about my day, feeling good because I “spent a little time with God.”  But how does God feel?

He tries to insert Himself into the conversation; He has an opinion on my situation, wants to remind me of His love by sharing a blessing incident, I had forgotten or maybe He even wants to ask me a question…”Susan, do you love Me?” But I’m not even listening because my mind has already moved to MY PLANS for the day.  Finally, I finish talking and just about the moment He is ready to speak, I get up and walk away to more interesting pursuits.

Just think of what would happen in my life if I would linger daily in the presence of God until HE was finished speaking to me, rather than allowing my prepared conversation to dictate the end of my prayer time.

TRY IT!  I know you have important plans today but think how much more enjoyable they could be if you included God’s direction in the GPS.  Perhaps you are wrestling with a situation, what a difference some advice from God would make…it might even be solved.  Maybe you have been feeling a little ignored, unimportant, depressed, and discouraged, God is ready with loving arms and words of affirmation, if you would only linger a little longer and listen.

DON’T HANG UP ON GOD TODAY!

No comments: