Thursday, January 28, 2016

GO AHEAD! SET THAT GOAL!

Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 

I see so many just walking aimlessly through life.  SEARCHING, but not sure what they are seeking; MOVING, but not sure where they are going; BREATHING but not really living; they have NO GOALS.

I am a goal setter and a list maker.  I DON’T always reach my goal or finish my list but it gives me a mark to reach for and helps to focus my attention.  Today I reached two health goals; one I sat last August and the other I sat January 1…As of today I have lost 50 pounds, can walk an hour on the treadmill at a speed of 3.5 mph with an intermittent incline of 10%, finish 11 minutes on the stair stepper and just started a 20 minute Kettle Bell routine 3 days/week.  I know it sounds as if I am bragging and maybe I AM…I FEEL GREAT.  But it would have never happened if I had refused to set a GOAL.

I have set another goal; the most IMPORTANT GOAL and I have faith that one day I will reach that goal because I have the BEST COACH training and cheering me on…His Name is JESUS.  I set this goal 49 years ago and I am DETERMINED TO KEEP PRESSING FORWARD!  I don’t always reach my daily or weekly goal and sometimes I don’t finish my list in my walk with God, but I keep moving forward with my focus on Jesus because I intend to WIN THE PRIZE.

What do you desire?  SET A GOAL.  It doesn’t have to be huge, just a small change can help move you in the right direction.  Set the goal. Write it down.  Ask for the help you need.  Then start moving forward.


IF YOU NEVER SET A GOAL, YOU WILL NEVER FEEL THE    “THRILL OF VICTORY.”

No comments: