Thursday, February 21, 2008

7 WEEKS OF HEALTHY LIVING

How time flies!!! We are 7 weeks into 2008 and I have completed 7 weeks of healthy living. I feel better than I have in months and I am fitting into clothes that haven’t buttoned for over a year. There have been times of temptation but I’m getting better at saying NO. In my many years of dieting, I have discovered that setting a date on my calendar to eat one of my favorite, not-so-healthy foods, helps me to avoid them on a daily basis. For the super bowl we planned to eat pizza. I’m sorry to say the pizza was not as good as I had imagined it would be. We ordered online for pickup later in the day. I have a sneaking suspicion it had been cooked and sitting under a warming light for quite some time when we arrived at the appointed time. Lesson learned; make your own food for the Super bowl, order pizza on an off night. Our next “cheat” meal is scheduled for Sunday, March 2. Chinese Buffet, here we come.

Unfortunately, I have not been as consistent with the exercise as the healthy eating. I was on a roll until I had to take a break and go out of town to a funeral. I have never quite gotten back into the routine. I try to get some exercise in 3 days a week. There’s always something in the self-improvement line to work on.

Since pizza is one of our favorite foods and the real thing isn’t scheduled for quite some time, my recipe of the week is a great substitute.

HEALTHY LIVING PIZZA

1- 10 in. Boboli Thin Crust 850 calories 15 WW points
¾ cup pizza sauce 90 calories 2 WW points
4 Slices Extra Lean Ham 160 calories 4 WW points
1 Cup FF Mozzarella Cheese 180 calories 4 WW points
½ Cup Pineapple Tidbits 60 calories 1 WW point
Diced onion
Diced green pepper
Mushrooms

Bake assembled pizza at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted.
You may pile on as many different varieties of low calorie vegetables as you like. Very important that you use EXTRA LEAN ham and FAT FREE cheese.

4 servings 335 calories per serving and 6.5 WW points
1340 total calories for entire pizza and 26 WW points.

Serve with a low calorie salad of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, FF Italian dressing for a delicious healthy living meal. Next week I am actually going to weigh!!!!

No comments: