Thursday, June 20, 2019

DON'T TELL ME!



PRAYER JOURNAL 6/20/19

Matthew 24:13 But he who endures to the end will be saved.

DON’T TELL ME YOU CAN’T LOSE WEIGHT!

Today it is officially ONE MONTH of eating KETO-STYLE.  Seriously, I wanted to lose a few pounds but my main reason for giving in and hopping on the Keto-Train was to help Steve.  He wanted to try Keto and I was too lazy to shop for two different food plans, prepare two different menus and stock my house with foods that might tempt each other…SO KETO IT IS!

1 month and -12.5 pounds later, I am sold.  WAS IT EASY? No!  DID IT TAKE PLANNING? Yes!  DID I GET HUNGRY? TEMPTED? WANT TO QUIT?  Yes, Yes and Yes!  BUT….I made a 2 month commitment to myself and to Steve.

During this month, we celebrated our 43rd Wedding Anniversary; spent 3 nights sleeping in our recently sold office building, without means of cooking, so we could pack it up; went to see our kids in Northern Michigan (road trips can be killers); celebrated Caleb’s Birthday; and took a surprise trip to Florida to celebrate with our friends at their 40th Wedding Anniversary Gala…can you say Wedding Cake and Filipino food and Wedding Cake!  We preached in Florida and were treated to many restaurant meals and lots of fellowship which means lots of food….SO, DON’T TELL ME YOU CAN’T LOSE WEIGHT!

DON’T TELL ME YOU CAN’T STAY MARRIED!

In May, Steve and I celebrated a Honeymoon that has lasted 43 years. 2 Boys, 2 Daughters-in-law, 7 Grandkids and 13 houses later…NO REGRETS….STILL COMMITTED!

HAS IT BEEN PERFECT?   Pretty much….except for a few little bumps in the road….We got married at 18; Steve didn’t have a full-time job and was going to college; both boys were born by the time we were 21; moved away from all family and friends by the age of 27; learned how to manage on pennies, sometimes returning pop bottles for the kids lunch money; few vacations, old vehicles, no designer clothes, few restaurant dates; lived in my dream home and lived in a little apartment on the back of a church; had a “few” disagreements, sometimes yelled, sometimes sulked…but always made up, because we MADE A COMMITMENT for better or worse… SO, DON’T TELL ME YOUR CAN’T STAY MARRIED!

DON’T TELL ME YOU CAN’T BE FAITHFUL TO GOD!

In October, I will celebrate my 53rd Spiritual Birthday and I’ve found that JESUS GROWS SWEETER EVERY DAY.  I couldn’t imagine what my life would have been without His Spirit leading, guiding, comforting and encouraging me along the Journey we call Life.

Has it been a Bed of Roses in Paradise?  Have there been Temptations?  Have I said, “Is it really worth it?”  YES, YES, and YES!  BUT…when I COMMITTED my life to Jesus, I MEAN’T IT!

There have been sleepless nights when confusion replaced much needed rest.  I have spent mornings on my knees, weeping and begging God to “fix” me.  I have been laughed at, yelled at, shunned, and even had fingers stuck in ears so my singing and playing couldn’t be heard.  

I’ve been ignored and passed over because we no longer pastored a church; I’ve been overlooked and relegated to the back row because the church we did pastor was small…smaller than 50; smaller than 25. We’ve been kicked out of Pastorates, had to close down start-up churches because the entire congregation moved on to a bigger and better church, sold dream houses and moved hundreds of miles (at our own expense) to follow the Call of God.  

We’ve been removed from organizations and shunned by former friends and acquaintances because we refused to compromise our beliefs.  And even lived in areas where there was no established church that believed and obeyed the Revelation of God’s Word we have been given.  BUT…I’M STILL STANDING!  I’M STILL HOLDING ON TO JESUS!  I STILL BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD!  I’M STILL COMMITTED…SO, DON’T TELL ME YOU CAN’T BE FAITHFUL TO GOD!

It’s not about STARTING…It’s not about FEELING GOOD….It’s not even about RESULTS or SUCCESS…It’s about COMMITMENT…It’s about FINISHING… It’s about ENDURING!

YOU CAN BECOME HEALTHY!

YOU CAN STAY MARRIED!

YOU CAN BE FAITHFUL TO GOD!


No comments: