Saturday, August 6, 2016

NEVER FROM YOUR PRESENCE

Exodus 33:15 If your Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here.

I’ve taken a few days off to just soak up and bask in the Presence of God.  I’ve returned excited, refreshed and with new vision and determination.  Even sleeping in my own bed with my favorite pillow cannot supersede the peace and comfort I feel in the Holy Ghost, this morning.

In my mind, the Sunday Service dismissal prayer from my childhood still echoes, “Bless us all Lord as we leave THIS place but NEVER from your Presence.”  Isn’t that a beautiful thought?  We go about our day after our morning devotions, we go home after a particularly powerful altar-time at church or we come home from camp meeting with the “Glow of His Presence” still shining on our face because we NEVER have to leave HIS PRESENCE!

In Exodus 33, God and Moses are having a talk regarding the mission that lies ahead.  Moses reminds God, “You’ve told me to bring you this people, but you haven’t bothered to let me know who you are going to send with me, where we are going or how we are gonna get there. Maybe you could let me in on a few details.”

God tells Moses, “My Presence will go with you and I will give you rest.”

This morning I echo Moses’ reply, “IF YOUR PRESENCE DOES NOT GO WITH US, DO NOT BRING US UP FROM HERE!”

Is that the cry of your heart this morning?  It is my cry, “Lord, if your Presence isn’t with me, I don’t want to go!” 

Whatever your day may hold, stay under the “Shadow of His Presence.”  Have a blessed day.
So we have left Camp Unity until 2017, BUT NEVER FROM HIS PRESENCE. 


Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

Connie Schmoll said...

Thank you! What a great promise and an encouraging word!