Saturday, September 29, 2018

YOUR TESTIMONY OF VICTORY


PRAYER JOURNAL 9/28/18

Acts 20:24 But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

A movement has swept across our country a couple of years ago, to erase part of our National History by removing monuments and refusing to show respect to our flag and National Anthem.

THE REASON…."BECAUSE THOSE SYMBOLS REPRESENT OPPRESSION AND THEIR INHERITED VICTIM STATUS."

The leaders and members of this movement would like to rewrite the dark, not so beautiful history of the United States; but have they thought of the consequence?

By rewriting history they not only ignore the PROGRESS made against OPPRESSION and they also eliminate their defense for their perpetual victimhood. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if the same groups would, instead of REWRITING history would use it to trumpet the SUCCESS that Freedom has allowed them to pursue…turn the dark parts into a TESTIMONY OF VICTORY!!!

The Apostle Paul never hid or pretended his dark past did not exist, no he used it to bring the attention to God’s Amazing Grace and how one could be changed from the CHIEFEST OF SINNERS to a PREACHER OF THE GOSPEL.

In 1 Timothy, Paul uses his own, less than desirable history to encourage a young man whom he is mentoring.  Perhaps Timothy was having a “crisis of faith;” some doubt in the Call of God or the Word that had been prophesied over him.  Maybe there were those that had told him he was too young or too inexperienced.  Read the following verses; a message from Paul to his young disciple, Timothy…

1 Timothy 1:12-14 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into ministry, although I was a former blasphemer, a persecutor and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. And the Grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

We all have scars and dark parts to our history, then we come to God, His blood washes us and we become OVERCOMERS. But God doesn’t remove the “monuments” of our past; He doesn’t REWRITE our history. No, our dark parts become our TESTIMONY OF VICTORY IN JESUS!!!

No comments: