Monday, September 24, 2018

RETURN TO RIGHTEOUSNESS


PRAY JOURNAL 9/24/2018

Jeremiah 16:10-12 And it shall be when you show this people all these words, and they say unto you, “Why has the Lord pronounced all this great disaster against us? Or, what is our iniquity? Or, what is our sin that we have committed against the Lord our God?” Then you shall say to them, “Because your fathers have forsaken Me,” says the Lord; “they have walked after other gods and have served them and worshiped them, and have forsaken me and not kept my law. And you have done worse than your fathers, for behold each one follows the dictates of his own evil heart, so that no one listens to Me.”

If you have read my posts during the last 24 hours, you will understand that I am heavily burdened for what is taking place in our country, especially regarding Congress and the Supreme Court.  Because of this heaviness, I felt a call to Intercessory Prayer this morning to pray for our Governmental Leaders, Church Leaders and all of us who are called by the Name of Jesus.
I prayed for a RETURN TO RIGHTEOUSNESS and this word was spoken to my spirit…

“RIGHTEOUSNESS WILL PREVAIL ONLY AS MY PEOPLE TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS.”

As I prayed, I was impressed to pray a Prayer of Repentance for myself, the Church and the Government Leaders and citizens of the United States…

I repented of our unconcern; how we have allowed those in power to rule unfettered by established law; accepting every new rule, regulation and interpretation according to their ungodly agenda.

I repented over our lust for comfort and prosperity at the expense of Righteousness.  We have been willing to elect men and women to governing offices because of promises, ignoring and uncaring of the fact that their lives and governing philosophies are contrary to the Word and plan of God.

I repented over our malaise; willing to allow every evil and ungodly happening as long as “I don’t partake; as long as my family and I are not affected,” but you were; we were all affected by our unwillingness to get involved.

Last of all, I repented of our Tolerance of Sin; our reluctance to name specific abominations for fear of being called judgmental, phobic, Holier than Thou, hypocritical, and unaccepting. Our Fear of Rejection by Society has allowed Sin to have free reign and ultimately become the law of the land.

Unless the Church comes to an Altar of Repentance, it cannot be the Beacon shining light to a world following a path toward destruction. 

WE HAVE TO GET OUR HEARTS IN LINE WITH HIS WORD; THE WORLD IS DEPENDING ON US!

No comments: