Sunday, July 10, 2011

YOUR ANSWER IS ON THE WAY

Steve and I have been fasting and praying for a mighty move of God at Cornerstone. On Friday morning, I felt such a powerful presence of the Lord in my living room as I prayed. Then about 1:00 Friday afternoon, I was watching Louisiana District camp meeting online when suddenly the Holy Ghost spoke to me and said, "You have your answer, it is on the way." I was so overcome, that I got up from my computer and began to dance in the Spirit all over my house for about 20 minutes. Anyone who knows me is aware that is NOT my normal behavior. When Steve came home from work, I shared what God had told me and we rejoiced together.

Sunday morning, I got up early to pray, asking God for a mighty move of His Spirit in our service. We arrived at church for 10:00 prayer and as we began to worship and intercede for the morning service, I received a vision from God. In the vision I was in the throne room of Heaven, on my knees in supplication before the Lord. As I began to pray, asking for a move of His Spirit, Jesus stood up, stepped down from the throne, with arms out stretched and walked toward me. I knew; the answer was on the way and it was the Holy Ghost; the move I had been praying for. All I could do was praise, worship and speak in tongues.

During Sunday School, I continued to quietly pray in the Spirit. The Mighty Presence lasted all through the praise and worship. But as Steve began to preach, I felt an oppressive spirit begin to move in. Again I began to pray, rebuking the devil in Jesus Name, claiming the anointing for the Word that was being preached and liberty for the preacher. The devil had to flee! During the altar service a couple of people came up to pray, but God was not done. Some more made their way up to the front and the wave continued. Suddenly, the Spirit of the Holy Ghost came down full force and swept the congregation. Sister Pat gave a message in tongues and interpretation. I came down off the piano and fell at the altar, as did others. The altar was filled with hungry hearts and the sound of travail, worship and praying in the Spirit filled the sanctuary. Every time it would die down another wave would begin. What a refreshing. The answer was and is a move of the Holy Ghost. God had made me a promise on Friday; the answer was on the way. I am still feeling the thrill from this morning and looking for the wave to keep going as we continue to pray and seek His face.

Every Sunday, the reports start pouring in over the internet of the mighty move of the Holy Ghost all over the world. God wants to move in our hearts and lives and in our churches. The key? PRAYER, SEEKING THE FACE OF GOD, PRESSING IN, DETERMINATION, AND NOT GIVING UP UNTIL YOU RECEIVE YOUR ANSWER.

We read in the Bible where Jacob wrestled with the angel and would not let go until he received his blessing. Is a move of the Holy Ghost worth enough to us that we are willing to seek God and hold on until we receive our blessing? Is the answer you seek worth sacrificing a meal and a few hours of prayer every week? Are the souls that are coming to be saved worth your travail? I say, “YES LORD, YES LORD, YES, YES LORD.” The Holy Ghost has been unleashed on our congregation. This is just the beginning for Cornerstone Apostolic Church in Morristown, TN. To quote T.D. Jakes, “GET READY, GET READY, GET READY!”

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Thankful for your breakthrough and the move of God at Cornerstone. Thankful for your words encouraging us all to press on. God Bless! Suzanne