Saturday, February 13, 2016

GOD CAN STILL SEE YOU


Psalms 139:7-12 Where can I go from Your Spirit?  Or where can I flee from Your presence? 8 If I ascend into Heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Hell, behold, You are there.  9 If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, 10 Even there Your hand shall lead me and Your right hand shall hold me.  11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me, “ even the night shall be light about me; 12 Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, but the night shines as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to You.

Sometimes, we wish we could hide from God and then there are times when the darkness descends and it feels as if God is playing “Hide and Seek.”  We pray, we cry, we seek but the night grows darker and the chill begins to penetrate our spirit.  Where is God?

The darkness of our grief and the coldness of our circumstance may form a fog that thickens, preventing us from viewing His face and feeling His presence, BUT GOD CAN STILL SEE YOU.  The darkness and the light are both alike to Him. 

Verse 17 says, “How precious also are your thoughts to me, Oh God.”  If the light has dimmed and His presence seems distant, hold this promise close…GOD HAS PRECIOUS THOUGHTS REGARDING YOU. 

One day the fog will lift, slowly the light will dispel the darkness and you will feel the warmth of His presence that has always covered you.

No comments: