Tuesday, September 18, 2012

WATCH OUT DEVIL, I'M TELLING JESUS!!!

 

We all have bad days, weeks and sometimes months that turn into a bad year.  There are even times that it seems the floodgates of Hell have been opened and all of its evil forces are coming against you.  What do you do?  Where do you turn?  There are only 2 choices; GIVE UP or like David, CALL UPON THE LORD!
In Psalms 18:4-6, David describes his situation:   The pangs of death surrounded me and the floods of ungodliness made me afraid.  5 The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me; the snares of death confronted me. David chose option #2.  Verse 6 says, In my distress I called upon the Lord and cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple and my cry came before Him, even to His ears. 
As I read Psalms 18 this morning, my mind went back to different periods of my life when I could totally relate to David’s lament.  Nothing was right in my life and no matter how hard I tried to fight, the attacks continued from all sides.  Like David, in my distress I called upon the Lord.  I have to confess at times I didn’t have David’s confidence that my cry had come before Him.  Actually, most of the time it seemed that it went out, hit the heavens and boomeranged right back into my lap.  Now that I’ve made it through the storm, I can look back and truthfully say that God had heard my voice and was working on my behalf the entire time.
Although we may not hear the echo of our voice as it reaches the temple of God or be given the insight into the flurry of activities going on in the heavenlies on our behalf, Psalms 18:7-14 gives us a snapshot.  What is God’s reaction when the cries of one of His children reach His ears?  Psalms 18:7-14 Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations of the hills also quaked and were shaken, because He was angry.  8 Smoke went up from His nostrils, and devouring fire from His mouth; coals were kindled by it.  9 He bowed the heavens also, and came down with darkness under His feet.  10 And He rode upon a cherub, and flew; He flew upon the wings of the wind.    11 He made darkness His secret place; His canopy around Him was dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.  12 From the brightness before Him, His thick clouds passed with hailstones and coals of fire. 13 The Lord thundered from heaven, and the Most High uttered His voice, hailstones and coals of fire.  14 He sent out His arrows and scattered the foe, lightnings in abundance, and He vanquished them.

WOW!!! Talk about a Father defending his child from the bully!!!!  God doesn’t mess around!  The next time the devil comes slithering around my house, shooting his little fiery darts, there will be no hesitation; I WILL CALL UPON THE LORD!
It doesn't end there, God doesn't stop working on your behalf just because the enemy has been sent scampering off with his tail between his legs.  Psalms 18:19 gives us the finished picture of God’s love, He also brought me out into a broad place; He delivered me because He delighted in me.  What a beautiful thought, God doesn’t just run to our rescue because He is God or because there is a bully picking on the little guy.  Oh No!!! My Champion, My God delights in me.

No comments: