Monday, May 29, 2017

BUT HE CAN'T LIFT A CAR; NO ONE CAN DO THAT

BUT HE CAN’T LIFT A CAR; NO ONE CAN DO THAT

Mark 9:24 Immediately, the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord I believe; help my unbelief.”

4 year-old Caleb and Grandma were sharing an early morning conversation and making exciting plans for the day.  I assured him that Grandpa would carry the toy downstairs as soon as he got out of bed. Of course he wasn’t satisfied and wanted to know why I didn’t just bring it down.  I explained that Grandpa was much stronger than Grandma, so we would have to wait.  Caleb, boastfully, replied, “My Daddy is very, very, very, very strong.  But he can’t lift a car; no one can do that.”

Do you remember a time when your Dad could do anything?  I do!  There was no one as strong or as smart as my Dad.  He could fix anything that was broken, accomplish the impossible and had the answer to every situation that we faced.  I don’t remember when it happened but one day I broke a toy that couldn’t be fixed, a situation arose that even Dad didn’t know what to say, and then his body became so weak that most tasks became impossible.  I wanted my strong, smart, capable, Hero-Dad back and the reality made me sad.

Do you remember a time when you believed God could do anything?  There was nothing broken that He couldn’t fix, through the power of the Holy Spirit, the impossible could be accomplished and there was no storm that He wouldn’t see you through.  I don’t remember when it happened but one morning I found myself thinking, “God you are very, very, very, very great.  You can do anything, but not that; no one can do that!”  Then it hit me, God really COULDN’T do that in my life because I didn’t believe that He could or would. 

Just as Caleb had voiced his thoughts regarding his daddy, I believed God was very great BUT there had to be some limitations.  The only place I could go was to my knees.  As the man in Mark 9:24, I cried, “Lord I believe; help my unbelief!”

 It’s true; sometimes a Dad can’t lift the car, but GOD CAN!  Lives become so broken until even a Dad can’t fix them, but GOD CAN!  Dads grow weak, run out of answers and situations become impossible, but not to God; HE CAN!!! 

Whatever you are facing today; the broken can become whole, the unanswerable can be solved and the impossible accomplished because…

“MY GOD IS VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY STRONG AND HE CAN LIFT A CAR;
HE CAN EVEN DO THAT!”

No comments: