Monday, January 2, 2012

GOD'S WILL FOR 2012


My greatest desire, for this year, is to seek, find, and follow the will of God.  I know that I am not alone, but it is the desire of every serious, dedicated Child of God.  Now comes the hard part; transforming the desire into reality.  The “seeking” and the “following” are the easy parts of the process.  The “finding,” however, can become an almost insurmountable roadblock.
I know that God has this AMAZING plan that uses me to do AMAZING things so I look for an AMAZING door to open.  I fear that many times have I missed all the small but important steps God was trying to lead me down because I was waiting for the AMAZING event that would shine the light on my destiny.  Now I have been at the seeking phase for enough New Year beginnings to know that the best place to start is on my knees and in the written Word of God. 

I love the way God sifts through all my complicated, lofty thoughts and makes the process so simple.  Last year as I prayed for more faith, God showed me that there was nothing wrong with the AMOUNT of my faith. Actually, He had provided me with the just the exact measure of faith I required.  What I really needed was to use that faith to believe that God was in control and allow Him to choose the outcome and finish the work.  Back to the Will of God….If you truly SEEK Him and LISTEN to His voice, He will not leave you hanging.  The still, small voice of God took me to 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
I love succinct, simplicity of the commands of God. 

How do I fulfill the Law of God?  Matthew 22:37-40, “Jesus said to him, you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
How do I receive the Desires of My Heart?  Psalm 37:4 “Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.”

What is the Will of God for 2012?  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

So, I enter 2012 with the peace of God in my heart, knowing His will for this year; REJOICE, PRAY, GIVE THANKS.  I will REJOICE in the God of my Salvation, PRAY over each situation and GIVE THANKS for God’s provision in my life.  Join me and enjoy a Blessed 2012.

No comments: