Saturday, August 18, 2018

REPENTANCE AND COOPERATION


This is long but it is my testimony of God’s Healing Power…Yes, my healing was paid for 2,000 years ago; Yes, He did the work; But I have to tap into His Healing Power by asking and cooperating…

3 years ago, I went to Camp Unity very sick with a mandate from my doctor to take control of my health or else.  Everyone else was worshiping but I was fervently praying for God to heal me when He spoke these words to my spirit, “Susan, you might as well stop praying if you are going to continue to undo all of the healing I perform in you by continuing your unhealthy lifestyle.”

Then my friend, Wayne Holmes, one of the day speakers, during his teaching, simply said, “Faith is me cooperating with God.”   BOOOM!!!  It hit me…I needed to cooperate with God.

I began to put healthy foods into my body and slowly started exercising. As I continued, by Christmas, 4 months later, I was no longer taking 2 Prilosec a day and using an inhaler nightly.  By the end of January, I had weaned off of blood pressure medicine, a Tylenol PM and Benadryl every night and the hacky cough had disappeared. 9 months later, I felt healthy and had lost 75 lbs.  No fad diets, no pills, no diet drinks, no injections and no starving…just Cooperating With God, moving, putting healthy things in and letting my body work as God had designed it….

THEN LAST YEAR I STOPPED!!!!  I STOPPED COOPERATING WITH GOD!?!

By January 2018, I was sick and I ached, had no energy and could not walk without pain…Oreos became my best friend.  I knew what was wrong with me but I sought help from doctors and therapy, hoping they could do what I was not willing to fix through discipline and cooperation with God.

In July, I repented and once again began to Cooperate with God by putting healthy foods into my body.  My cough disappeared and the Prilose was put back on the shelf but I was still in excruciating pain and had a difficult time walking, standing and sleeping without taking Advil or other pain relievers.  I was doing all the stretches and going to Physical Therapy for heat treatments, ultrasound and manual massage and exercises but it wasn’t easing the pain in my back.

Then it was time for Camp Unity, I dreaded going…my clothes didn’t fit, I felt horrible and I dreaded what the 7 hour drive would do to my all ready hurting lower back.  I made it and armed with my bottle of Advil got through Sunday, Monday and all day Tuesday.  During Tuesday evening’s service, I could not even stand for praise and worship.  I sat down berating myself for not taking a couple of Advil before church.  The speaker got up and said, “Someone is in pain, there is a bone or a muscle problem and they need to step out and come up here if they want a miracle.” 

Now anyone that knows me, understands I don’t do that…I pray for others but I don’t like to broadcast all my problems, illnesses, aches and pains…but this night, God spoke to my heart and said, “If you want a miracle, step out otherwise, keep hurting.” (Somehow God’s words always sound like something my dad would have said.)

I stepped out, was prayed for and the pain was gone.  The next day, when tightness started, I rebuked it and refused to accept it in the Name of Jesus.  I made the 7 hour trip home on Thursday, cleaned out the RV, did 3 loads of laundry and slept like a baby in my own bed.  I cancelled therapy, put the Advil on the shelf and 3 weeks later I’m still healed BUT I believe if I had not repented and began cooperating with God before the night of my healing, it would not have happened.

What changes do you need in your life?   Health, Finances, Marriage, Children, Family?  Whatever the situation, if you need God to move and change the outcome, the same solution applies…START COOPERATING WITH GOD. 

Examine the things you are doing…
Are you eating healthy foods or grabbing a burger, fries and donut?

Are you living within your means and giving to the work of God as a good steward or are you spending recklessly and using God’s money to finish out the week?

Are you honoring your husband or wife as commanded in the Word of God or is their disrespect, derision and selfishness in your marriage?

Is your home Christ-centered with prayer being the first thought rather than a last resort are you an Godly example to your children or a “don’t do what I do” parent?

Do you pray for your family or dwell on only the dysfunction?

START COOPERATING WITH GOD AND WATCH GOD DO A WORK IN YOUR SITUATION!

No comments: