Thursday, April 19, 2018

I'M WORN OUT

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the Most High and shall WEAR OUT THE SAINTS of the Most High and think to change times and laws…

“I am so tired.” “I have no energy.” “Sometimes, life is such a struggle.”  “I just can’t face people today.”  Have you ever felt like this; ever said these words?  I have.  Sometimes life can be exhausting.

We returned home after a weekend conference, to which I wavered back and forth in even making the decision to go…I was tired, depressed….exhausted.  Of course, I am so thankful that I chose to go because the best antidote to exhaustion is spending time in the Presence of the Lord, hearing the Word of the Lord and fellowshipping with God’s people.

In the course of Friday night’s sermon, the preacher said, “he’s wearing out the saints.”  It spoke to my spirit, “You are not really exhausted, Satan is messing with your mind, your world and everything in it to WEAR YOU OUT! “

WE ARE IN A SPIRITUAL BATTLE LIKE NEVER BEFORE AND THE SAINTS ARE GROWING WEARY.

Remembering back to church as a child, I know life wasn’t easy for some of the people in the congregation but I felt their joy; I felt their faith.  I remember Old Brother Johnson, from Sweden.  He would stand to testify and usually it was the same testimony, in fact 50 years later, I can quote some of it.  As his heavily accented voice spoke, tears would run down his cheeks in gratitude to his Savior….I FELT HIS FAITH.

We didn’t have a Praise and Worship Team, we had Sister Frieda.  As her rich voice lead the church in a selection from the hymnal, the Spirit would fall.  I can still see her hands raised toward Heaven, her head thrown back, as she laughed for joy in the Spirit.  We didn’t need a band or lights or graphics on the screen, we had Sister Frieda and I FELT HER FAITH.

Today, we drag ourselves out of bed and into church because it is Sunday.  We sing a song or two, give an offering, hear a brief sermon and leave the same way we came, WORN OUT!  We are praying there is enough “gas in the tank” to last until the next Sunday because the reserves were depleted long ago. 

We had the latest Praise and Worship song on the screen, the music was just right, I paid my tithes, I heard some words, I checked this weekly obligation of my list, BUT….NO ONE FELT MY FAITH…because…I AM WORN OUT.

I NEED REVIVAL!!!  WHAT IS THE ANSWER?

Isaiah 28:11-12 For with stammering lips and another tongue He will speak to this people.  To whom He said, “THIS IS THE REST with which you may cause the weary to rest,” and THIS IS THE REFRESHING;” yet they would not hear.

LISTEN TO THE WORD OF THE LORD…THE ANSWER….THE SOLUTION TO YOUR DEPLETED RESERVES…THE REST YOU NEED IS A FILL UP OF THE HOLY GHOST.

The only way to fight spiritually is to use Spiritual Weapons…and the only way to keep your Spiritual Weapons in “fighting shape” is to spend time allowing the Holy Spirit to clean and sharpen them.

Take time today, RIGHT NOW, your spiritual life depends on it…spend the necessary time in the Presence of the Lord.  Let the Holy Spirit wash over you and fill you until it is overflowing into the reserves.  Don’t wait until Sunday, let the tears flow; throw back your head and let the joy spring forth in holy laughter. 

Take a 5 day dose of the Holy Ghost and I guarantee you that come Sunday Morning, the whole church will FEEL YOUR FAITH!!!

No comments: